Materials / Snow Storm
Tri-County Electric Cooperative (TCEC), located in the Panhandle of Oklahoma, requests unit price bids for Materials to permanently repair its distribution system in Texas County, Oklahoma, caused by a Snow Storm in April 2017. Materials include wire (USA made wire), poles, cross arms, bolts, spools, and other items, required to re-span, replace conductor, remove and relocate poles and cross-arms and install additional poles and cross-arms on 855.9 miles, and 463.7 miles of single-phase and three-phase lines, respectively. Permanent repair work is expected to begin in 2018 and continue for 36 to 48 months. Unit price bids for Materials shall include the following bidder responsibilities:
- Temporary warehouse located in TX County, OK provided by, staffed, and managed by bidder;
- Timely and efficient supply of material based upon “pick list” from staking sheets;
- Bidder shall be familiar with NISC inventory management and coordination with NISC and TCEC to set up VPN access and NISC user account;
- Bidder shall provide computers and their own IT support;
- Unit costs shall include all travel, lodging, meals, equipment, and any other costs associated with meetings, review or other items;
One hundred sixty-one projects have been preliminarily identified. Each project consists of approximately 8.2 miles. The completion of all projects is expected within 36 to 48 months or until all projects are complete.
To receive consideration, bid packages must be developed and submitted within these parameters:
- All Bid packages shall be delivered by 5:00 p.m. on October 30, 2017, addressed to:
Electric Distribution Materials Permanent Repair/Snow Storm
Attn: Rick Wayman
995 Mile 46 Road
PO Box 880
Hooker, OK 73945
- The Bid package label must be clearly marked “Sealed Bids for Electric Distribution Materials Permanent Repair/Snow Storm”;
- The Bid package must include the proposer’s contact information;
- Bids must be all-inclusive including delivery;
- Bidder must be a member of ISNetworld;
TCEC invites qualified Material Contractors to submit a Bid package based upon the basic services outlined above. TCEC promotes equal opportunity and encourages all contractors including minority-owned, women-owned, and small business enterprises to bid.
To obtain a bid package with a complete list of items to bid please contact Rick Wayman (580) 652-3863 or e-mail RWayman@tcec.coop.
Bidders temporary facilities and material inventory need to be in place by January 1, 2018.
Formal bid opening will be held on October 31, 2017, 1:00 PM CDT.
Selection Criteria Include:
- Familiarity with TCEC construction standards and RUS units;
- The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm;
- The past record of performances of the firm, safety record, insurance, and the ability of the firm to efficiently and timely provide materials on an as needed basis to complete permanent repairs within 36 to 48 months;
- Unit Price
TCEC reserves the right to reject any, and all proposals and to select a firm or multiple firms and award a contract that is deemed to be in the best interest of the Cooperative.