TCEC members and their children may be eligible for the below scholarships. Applications are available from OPSU's Panhandle State Foundation and Golden Spread Electric Cooperative as outlined below. For more information about TCEC's education programs, please contact Leslie Kraich via email or call 580-652-2418, ext. 128.
Scholarship to Oklahoma Panhandle State University
TCEC's scholarship valued at $1,200 to Oklahoma Panhandle State University in Goodwell is administered through Panhandle State Foundation. The 2016-2017 scholarship packet will be available on the OPSU website from December 1, 2015 through March 1, 2016.
Students interested in the scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Entering freshman or returning sophomore
- 3.00 GPA or higher
- Parent, guardian or applicant must be a member of the cooperative in good standing
- Emulate Touchstone Energy's four core values: accountability, integrity, innovation and commitment to community
2015-2016 scholarship winners are:
- Kyra Cathcart, Freshman, Hooker, Oklahoma
- Sunaed Ramirez, Freshman, Guymon, Oklahoma
- Colton Lentz, Freshman, Balko, Oklahoma
- Brian Martinez, Freshman, Guymon, Oklahoma
- Taylor Hierro, Freshman, Guymon, Oklahoma
- Ethan Fischer, Freshman, Hooker, Oklahoma
- Alyssa Kinser, Freshman, Turpin, Oklahoma
- Osvaldo Gutierrez, Sophomore, Denver, Colorado
Golden Spread Electric Cooperative Directors' Memorial Scholarship
TCEC is a member of Golden Spread Electric Cooperative which offers a $2,000 scholarship to students who plan to attend a college in Oklahoma or Texas. The scholarship deadline is March 15, and applications should be made directly to the Opportunity Plan. The application and brochure can be found on Golden Spread's website.