2014 Youth Tour Applications now accepted!
The application period is now open for high school juniors in Tri-County Electric's service territory to apply for a free trip to Washington, D.C. The deadline for entry is Friday, November 15 and applications can be found below.
1. Contestants must be members of the 2013-2014 junior class.
2. The parents or guardinas of the applicants must be members of TCEC.
3. Members of the immediate families and/or persons residing in the households of cooperative trustees, and/or employees of TCEC are not eligible to participate in the contest or serve as winners.
4. Applicants must have written permission from a parent or guardian to partcipate in the tour.
5. Applicants shall have valid social security card and photo identification for air and travel purposes.
6. Applicants must be able to attend the interview process scheduled for Tuesday, December 10th in the evening hours at the Guymon Public Library. More details will be provided to those selected for interviews.
7. A written test will be administered with the top 15 students receiving an interview for the contest.
1. Each applicant shall submit a completed application either typed or handwritten. Applications linked below.
2. Mail the required application, references, and permission form to: TCEC, PO Box 880, Attn: Erin Moore, Hooker, OK 73945
3. Entries must be received in the TCEC office by Friday, November 15 by 5 p.m.
4. All applications become property of TCEC.
1. All applications will be reviewed by judges chosen by or appointed by TCEC.
2. Applicants will be interviewed by a panel of judges and winners will be selected after the interview process. Finalists will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- 20 percent written application
- 30 percent poise including ability to clearly express thoughts and ideas
- 30 knowledge of electric cooperatives
- 10 professional experience
- 10 personality
Three winners and one alternate will be selected to attend the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Youth Tour in WAshington, D.C., June 13-19, 2014.
Two students will be selected to attend the Cooperative Youth Leadership Camp hosted by Kansas Electric Cooperatives in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The trip is July 2014.